Vacation Bible School

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Day 1

Day 1 is in the books! We had around 30 kids and nearly as many volunteers. Registration wasn't as smooth as we would have liked - the problem is that most of the families are veterans and the kids already know what they're doing, so they don't bother to check in. But the opening program was great and the music leader is doing a super job. The 3-5 year old class had 10 kids, 9 of which were boys, but the girl was still the toughest one of the lot. The K-3rd graders had the biggest class with 15 - what a job for those teachers! while the 4th-6th grade teachers both called in sick, causing our stomachs to turn somersaults. But one of them sent her teenager and the teen's boyfriend in her place, and a blessing they were. I had six kids to pick up and got caught in traffic on the way there, so my kids had to wolf their dinner before the program started, and I forgot to charge the camcorder battery so no video. But at one point I was sitting upstairs while all the kids were busy, and I turned to someone and told them everything was going so smoothly I didn't know what to do with myself! She offered to start a small fire in the sanctuary, but I declined. Tacos for dinner - delicious!



1 Comments:

  • Looking for information and found it at this great site...
    » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home