Vacation Bible School

Monday, May 16, 2005

I like VBS because we are able to teach about Jesus in an entertaining and memorable way, as we have a different theme each year. VBS is a great way to get to know our church family better, as well as an outreach tool to our friends and neighbors.

I've been involved with VBS for as many years as we have offered it at UBC. I have served as craft leader, craft helper, and teaching assistant in past years. This year I decided to teach the preschoolers because I teach them during Sunday School and thought that this would be fun to get to know them in a different setting and hopefully meet some new children as well.
Sheila Maben
Preschool teacher
University Baptist Church VBS

2 Comments:

  • Hi, My name is Jennifer Stywall, I attend World Different Ministries. I am looking for some help. I have been asked to put together VBS at the church I attend. Do you know of anywhere I could get materials pretty cheap? This is our church's first VBS, We have 14 children and are still growing. Any information you have will be great. Thank you!
    Jennifer Stywall
    Jennoh@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM  

  • We have always ordered materials from Concordia Publishing House. I would think you could order as much or as little as you would like. If you do crafts, I would recommend designing your own to save a little money. Oriental Trading Company usually has some good stuff cheap.

    By Blogger Ben Fulton, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home