Vacation Bible School

Thursday, May 12, 2005

I am one of three directors for Vacation Bible School this year at University Baptist Church. I am starting this blog to keep anyone who is interested up-to-date on what our plans are for VBS, and also to provide some extra commentary on the actual week itself. It should be interesting. I'll post a little bit about myself, and hopefully I'll solicit some articles by, on, and about some of the other teachers and helpers as well.

My involvement with VBS came about last year when I and my wife were asked to do publicity. Apparently publicity had hardly ever been done before, so when we put some effort into it, and got in the newspaper, on the radio, and some in-church events, everyone thought we did a pretty good job. When this year came around, the director of past several years gave us some broad hints that we might be able to replace him. We weren't sure if we could do it or not. We're still not sure, but we teamed up with an Indiana University graduate student and hopefully the three of us will be able to put something nice together. And if not, hopefully this blog will give the next director some hints for what not to do :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home