Vacation Bible School

Friday, May 13, 2005

I got involved in Vacation Bible School as a really little kid at First Baptist Church, Bedford, Indiana. My mom was a teacher, helper, crafter, cook and following in those footsteps is one of the joys of my life as a mom and a church woman. As a pastor, I consider VBS a vital part of the religious education of our own children, whereby the Christian story is layered in their memory and worldview, year by year. For neighborhood children and others who come to UBC once a year for this week in June, we offer an experience of church they will remember as safe, fun and happy; led by grown-ups who recognized them, prayed for them and loved them year after year. I am looking forward to another week of good work among good people, instilling the faith in another generation.

Annette Hill Briggs
Pastor
University Baptist Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home